Wednesday, August 29, 2012

GOOD BYE, BLOG THING.


   I've seen him. SEEN him

   He took her and she's with him now. With them. THAT BASTARD TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!

   They were right where I knew they would be. YOU knew they would be there too, Blog thing. You were always smart like that.

   They were right there in the woods. Right in the same clearing where he had displayed Steve & Cynthia. Did I tell you he had placed them facing each other? Yep, even in death they couldn't stop gawking at each other, heh. I fucking saw him! Really saw him! Holy shit holy shit I gotta keep it together. Gotta finish this. Why the fuck do I have to finish this, Blog thing? What the fuck? 

   Keep it together, Tommy boy… Yeah I’m cool. Everything’s fine, I’m just a guy writing on the Blog thing, see? You’re my center, Blog thing. You’re a brick.

   He was standing there - easily 9 feet tall. She was standing in front of him facing me and he had his hands on her shoulder, much the way a parent would with their child. Child... kids. OH GOD all those children. They were THERE! standing among the trees, just watching. watching with their little empty eyes. Watching us. Watching HIM. SEEING HIM! No, gotta keep centered. Hold on to my mind. gotta finish this. You have to know, Blog thing. I need to tell you this.

   I called to her, but she just stood there, staring right through me, like in a trance. Sure, like a magician. He's a magician and she's his assistant. Presto change-o, don't look away-o! Keepin it together, see?

   I didn't look away. I couldn't move. I could hardly breath.

   And then the magic man applied his trade. A thing... tentacle, whatever suddenly appeared from behind his back. It came to a wicked looking point and it glided gracefully over his shoulder and arched downward toward Steph.

   I knew what he was about to do, and I knew that he had her positioned so that I would see the whole thing.

   The tentacle paused briefly in front of Steph's chest and then drew back slightly. I started screaming. I was begging for him to stop.

   He didn't give me time to get the first word out. Sick fuck SICK FUCK!

   That tentacle flicked at Steph and then withdrew. It was fast enough that her hair fluttered slightly. She didn't even flinch.

   I was about to scream again. How long was he going to continue to play these games? He cocked his head slightly as though he could read my mind, and then, as if in rebuttal to my mental question, Steph's shirt fell open.

   It had been a perfectly clean cut right through the fabric... of both shirt and woman. My query over Cynthia's PJ's was answered as the red line suddenly appeared trailing from the base of Steph's neck down past her navel. As the line became a trickle of blood, the Slender Man's hands, which were still resting on Steph's shoulders, were now a second pair of hands, which reached down over her wound. He forced his long fingers into the cut where it bisected her chest and pulled, opening my beautiful girlfriend's torso, ribs popping as they spread.

   Again she never flinched, my Steph. My Steph.

   Numerous tentacles now unfolded from the magician's back like the tail of a peacock. Some ended in chitinous claws, some human-esque hands, others tipped similarly to the one that opened up the woman I love. They all went into action - a flurry of motion as he began to systematically dissect my love.

   A hand would reach in and single out an organ while a cutting tentacle would flick at it, cutting it free. Then from seemingly nowhere another tentacle would appear with a plastic bag, wrap the organ carefully, but efficiently, and then place it back into the body cavity. Tentacles swarmed over my darling Steph yet they never completely blocked my view. He wanted to be sure I saw everything.

   The tentacles removed, wrapped, and replaced every organ, finishing with the heart - which was still beating at the time that tentacle flicked at it, cutting it free of her body. The whole thing took less than a minute.. The most amazing woman I have ever known was cleaned out and neatly packaged before she was even dead.

   And she never flinched.

   As his tentacles withdrew again, one of the remaining cutters whipped out, taking the end off of a tree branch roughly fifteen feet off the ground, leaving it wickedly pointed. The Slender Man gently lifted my Steph off the ground, poised her over the prepared branch, and smoothly impaled her upon it.

   I don't know if it was dying nerves or reflexes or her life finally leaving her, but at the instant the branch slid into her back, she flinched.

   I snapped back to what, reality? For the briefest of moments - just long enough to look down and see the homemade grenade I was holding in my hand. The weapon designed to burn hot enough to melt metal flesh bone and rock, hot enough to burn underwater. Hot enough to fell mighty Cthulhu?

   I pulled the pin and threw. He was still admiring his work when the grenade him in the shoulder. There was a pop and a sound like a phone book being torn in half. A new star bloomed for a second where the Slender Man had been. I shielded myself from the indescribable light and heat of it, and as the light started to fade I could still see... him... it... the horror... at the center of the conflagration .

The      facade      had         slipped

   I saw him. His true nature. I caught the fucker off guard and for an instant of an instant he was revealed to me.

   Or was it the facade beneath the facade? How many masks do they wear, the gods of men?

   I SAW him, don't you understand? If I plucked my eyes free of my head I could never undo this.

   I'm screaming. I'm screaming as I write this. Have been since I ran from the fire. Can't seem to stop.

   Burnt the woods down. Burning out of control now. Sorry about that. Didn't help. He's coming anyway.

   Don't want to see this in my head anymore. Don't want to see him in my head. Don’t want to see that.

   So sorry Steph my Steph I loved you I failed you. He's here, Blog thing. Outside. He's waiting for me. For my embrace. He’s waiting. I made him angry but still he’s patient. He knows. He knows he will win so he waits and he watches. He’s watching me now I can feel him.

   I'll go to him. Don't want this anymore. One grenade left. Maybe I'll use it. Maybe I’ll walk right into his arms with the pin pulled. Maybe I won't. She never flinched. I don't want to flinch. Just want to end. Just want to end. Just want it to end. No more sleep. No more dreams. No more dreams. No more sleep.

   Sleep, those little slices of death. Oh, how I loathe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment